The use of this Site and its services is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which you may access at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page on this Site. We welcome members of all ages to this Site and its services. We strongly encourage members under thirteen years old to access our services only with parental consent and supervision in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
As with any other site on the Internet, we collect certain information about you that may identify you personally through your use of this Site and its services, such as:
The Profile Information that we collect includes:
- Basic information that is provided during our member registration process, including your organisation’s name, address, your representatives’ first and last name, website, email addresses; and
- Additional information is also needed to demonstrate that your organization is properly constituted such as the organisation’s constitutive documents, certificates approving charitable status, logo and best practices documents that you believe demonstrate your organisation’s capabilities.
Member-Created Content. One of the primary reasons people and organizations use the Site is to share content with others. Examples include when you create an organization page, post listings, update your status, upload a photo, include an RSS feed from other websites, create an event, post a comment, or send someone a message.
Site Use and Access. In order to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site, we also keep track of the actions you take on the Site, such as:
- Connecting to individuals or organizations;
- Publishing Content;
- Searches; and
- Use of the Research Library; and
- Store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to log in whenever you come back to the Site;
- Assess the technical function of the Site; and
- Track information about which pages you visit within the Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of the Site or our content.
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your Internet connection that does NOT identify you personally, such as:
- the IP address of the computer or device you used to access the Internet;
- the browser type and operating system you use to access our Site;
- the name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
- the date and time you access our Site; and
- the pages you visit.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information that you give us to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of member interest; consider potential improvements to our Site; and provide a forum to connect people and organizations.
We will only disclose your personal information to others without first obtaining your consent in the following circumstances:
- Complying With Law Enforcement. Like any other site, we may be asked to provide information about Users in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings and may disclose such information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law.
- Preventing Fraud and Other Illegal Activity. We may also share information about Users when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect both ourselves and you from people violating our Terms and Conditions. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Coordinating With Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers. We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to your information. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements. Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to user privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions. In certain instances, we may have a good faith belief that it is necessary to disclose personal information in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this Site.
We do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual for commercial or marketing purposes.
3. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may control the visibility of most of the information you share with others on the Site and change or remove some of your information at any time through.
Here are some additional things to remember:
- We take certain steps to ensure that other Site members, third party suppliers, and service providers use your shared information in a manner consistent with these policies and the Terms and Conditions, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules.
- Information you make available to others might be re-shared or copied by those individuals and organizations.
- We provide you with discussion features for your use. In the event you voluntarily disclose personal information using this service, that information, along with any content in your communication or post, can be collected, correlated, and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from or improper and unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your preferences, or it was copied or stored by others.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS
5. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (like your password), the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also reserve the right to analyze accounts for fraudulent or irregular behavior and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
Although you can change your privacy options to limit outside access to your account, please be aware that none of these security measures are impermeable. We cannot control the actions of other Site members and third party organizations. You can reduce the inherent risks associated with social networking by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us as outlined in the section below.
6. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY